My Clauses gives you the option to use your own custom clauses in your Term Sheets or MoUs. This article will explain how to create clauses in My Library and insert clauses into your Term Sheet.
Adding Clauses to My Library
1. Open the Main Menu and navigate to My ADR Notable > My Library > My Clauses
2. You will see two tabs at the top of the screen: My Global Clauses and ADR Notable Clauses. Select My Global Clauses, then click on the Create button.
3. The first time you create a clause, you will click in the Category box, then select . Later, when you insert clauses into your Term Sheets, they will be grouped by these categories, so give some thought here as to how you will most easily be able to find them later. For example, rather than "Family," you may prefer "Family - Custody," "Family - Alimony," etc.
4. To create a clause, select the Category, create a Title, type or paste the text of the clause in to the text box, and select the Create button. Your new clause will now appear in My Global Clauses. You can search for clauses using any word(s) from the title or text of the clause.
Here is a sample of the list of clauses that our fictitious mediator, Donna Parsons, has created in My Clauses:
Using Clauses in Term Sheets
1. Navigate to Term Sheets from the Case Dashboard or the Case Menu:
2. In Term Sheets, there are three sections into which you can insert clauses from My Library: Preamble, Agreements, and Other Terms/Non-Digital Signatures. Read more about creating term sheets.
3. Insert your clause, edit as needed, and save:
Using ADR Notable Clauses
1. You will find some standard clauses already pre-loaded for you when you select the ADR Notable Clauses tab. When you create your Term Sheet, these will be included in the list of clauses that appear when you select the Insert Clauses button as shown just above.
2. Perhaps you want to use an ADR Notable clause but customize it for your own use. That's easy to do now -- and will soon be even easier! For right now...
- Click on ADR Notable Clauses, then select and copy the text of the clause you want to customize.
- Click on the Create button in the upper right corner, paste the text into the Clause box and edit as desired.
- Fill in the Category and the Title, and click on the Create button in the lower right corner. Done!
Keep your eye on the Knowledge Base article, What is in the Works for ADR Notable? and the ADR Notable Newsletter to learn about an even easier Copy function coming soon!